To choose the best after shave balm for achieving the perfect shave it is important to keep a few things in mind.
The daily habit of shaving is considered aggressive: The razor’s pass along with the shaving foam eliminates the natural grease layer considered the protective skin layer, therefore exposing the skin to excessive dryness, redness, irritation, micro cuts and small cuts. Not to mention the “re-growth” phase where folliculitis and ingrown hairs may occur.
However, few know that if shaving is done in the proper manner it can become a real ally in helping maintain the skin young and soft. In fact, shaving eliminates dead skin cells and stimulates the growth of new ones, therefore aiding the skin regeneration. The important thing to remember is that to eliminate the beard in the proper manner.
ADVICE FOR A PERFECT SHAVE:
1. Place a small, hot, wet towel on your face for at least 2 minutes.
2. Before applying foam, let the skin come in contact with a small amount of olive oil, massaging it into the skin. Wait a few minutes then apply the shaving cream.
3. Apply abundant shaving cream massaging as you apply. let it rest on the skins surface at least a minute before beginning to shave.
4. Razor always has to be clean in order to avoid infections.
5. First pass always has to be in the direction of hair growth. Second pass can be done in the opposite growth direction. The second pass should always have more shaving cream applied. This will reduce the irritation.
6. Immediately after shaving, rinse. In order to dry softly apply a clean towel or even better disposable paper towels (which help avoid bacterial infections that may be in the cloth towel).
7. Apply Elicina Aftershave Balm with soothing and regenerative effect.